Welcome home. This 2 storey Century home gives a warm and inviting, country feel and offers that ‘old home’ charm. Nestled in the heart of the Millgrove community on over ½ acre with a stream running through the backyard, surrounded by trees with loads of privacy. This updated, freshly painted, carpet free home features Kentucky walnut hardwood, 3 bedrooms & 2 full baths, open concept feel with renovated (2019) eat-in kitchen cabinets with island, quartz countertop & stainless steel appliances (2018/2019). The barn door in the kitchen was reclaimed from original siding of the house built in 1882. Just off the family room is a multi-purpose room: sunroom/mud room/ painting room, that gives ample of storage. The mudroom and main floor bathroom floors are heated. Hidden treasures include spray foam insulated, roof (2018), siding, trim, gutters and downspouts (2019), windows replaced within last 6 years. All LED lighting, bbq gas line, tankless water heater (2019), water softener/iron filter (2012). You can truly enjoy the country setting in this private backyard with large gazebo, fire pit, kids play structure – perfect for parties and family gatherings! The separate detached garage boasts high ceilings and 100Amp service. Plenty of parking for 6 cars. Outbuilding at rear has separate 40 amp service. Nature lovers will enjoy the beauty of country living with nearby parks and trails – Bruce Trail, Lower Borer’s Falls, Christie Conservation Area, Webster’s Falls…. with the benefits of being close to highways and city amenities in Dundas, Waterdown and Hamilton.
|Address:||862 Millgrove Side Road|
|Lot size:||185 X 132|
|Laundry:||10.3 x 6.2|
|Kitchen||Eat-in Kitchen 18.8 x 12.6|
|Dining Room||13 x 17.10|
|Laundry Room||10.3 x 6.2|
|Family Room||18.8 x 17.8|
|Office/Den||Sunroom 13.7 x 10.6|
|Master Bedroom||13.9 x 17.4|
|Bedroom 2||12.6 x 12.11|
|Bedroom 3||17 x 9.7|
Upgrades & Additional Features
• The 2 storey part is the original part which was built in 1882.
• The centre section was built in 1922.
• The back section was built in 1962.
• All walls and the cathedral ceiling have been insulated with spray foam insulation.
• The basement and crawlspace walls have been insulated with spray foam insulation
• The cathedral ceiling has been properly vented to extend the useful life of the shingles.
• The entire roof was re- shingled in 2018.
• The siding, trim, gutters and downspouts were replaced in the Spring of 2019.
• All floors are solid wood floors, some are hand scraped Kentucky walnut.
• The kitchen was completely redone in the summer of 2019.
• Gas range was re-laced in summer of 2019.
• The microwave/convection oven new in 2018.
• Most windows have been replaced throughout the past 6 years or so; some were this year when re-siding.
• The barn door to the back livingroom/kitchen has been made from the wood that is original to the home; this was reclaimed as we renovated the wall it is hung on as it used to be the siding from the original build.
• The first-floor bathroom and mudroom have heated floors. The lower section at the door does not have the heating.
• All lighting is LED.
• Gas line for the BBQ.
• Tankless water heater new in summer of 2018.
• All tiling has been completed using the Schluter system.
• Water softener and iron filter is around 7 years old.
• Garage and house have separate 100 Amp services.
• Some conduits have been run between the garage and house to be able to run wires, cables, water etc.
• Ethernet and speaker wires have been roughed into almost all rooms.
• Central vacuum installed throughout the home.
• Outbuilding at rear has a 40 Amp service.
Schools & Neighbourhood
Millgrove JK – GR05 Spencer Valley GR06 – GR08 Dundana GR01-GR05 French Immersion Sir William Osler GR06 – GR08 Extended French Immersion Waterdown District GR09–GR12 Westdale GR09-GR12 French Immersion Guardian Angels JK–GR08 St. Joseph CES SK - GR08 Early French Immersion St. Mary SS GR09-GR12 Cathedral GR09 – GR12 French Immersion